Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Home Depot in Heels

So, my kitchen table is in 2 parts...the butcher top and the legs. Bolts hold said parts together. Somehow I ended up with only 1 bolt. I remember being handed the other 3 bolts and shoving them in my hoodie front pocket and then stuffing them in a bag so they wouldn't fall out of the pocket. I don't know what happened to them. This meant a trip to Home Depot with the lone bolt and ring thing that goes around it. The only time I could go? Today at lunch. I am also wearing a dress that goes to the knees, a bright light-colored pink puff-sleeve cardigan and adorable heels. Perfect for a trip to home depot, right? I didn't even get into the store before one orange apron looked me up and down, and then 3 bombarded me as soon as I walked in. I'm not sure if it is because I'm hot (this is my blog, I'm taking some liberties), or because even in overalls I don't look like I belong in Home Depot. 2 more helped me out in the aisle I was going for. Anyway, when I showed one of the guys at the door the bolt (which I didn't know that's what it was called) and said, "I need a couple of...these things." He said, "that's a bolt" and pointed me to aisle 11. Between the 2 orange aprons in the aisle I was in, I found the matching bolts and went to pay. And then left the home depot. I lost count of how many shoppers did a double-take when I walked by or they saw me.

At least I know how to get the best customer service at home depot. Dress and heels. Flaunt what your momma gave ya to get what you want when you want it. haha jk

No comments:

Post a Comment