Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tax Day...whoopie...

As you all know, today is the last day that one's taxes can be post-marked...which means that I came into the office early today just to do them. I was missing the W-2 for Gateway Childcare so I just figured out a good number by multiplying the hours per week times wage times the number of weeks I worked. Smart, huh? no...

Upon being told to call and get a copy of the W2 faxed, I discovered that I was attempting to report $2,000 more than I actually made...hence having to pay the state of NJ. So now, I didn't have to pay, and I got a bit of a refund. I decided to donate my NJ refund to preventing child abuse. I had a foster child in my childcare group who had been abused and was definitely suffering psychologically because of it and it broke my heart to know what she had been through. Having been given the opportunity to donate my refund to a couple different funds, I saw the child abuse prevention fund and immediately decided that my money would do more for a child than a new handbag or pair of shoes would do for me.

The federal government is giving me a pretty nice chunk of change, but I'm not entirely sure what I will do with it. Saving it would probably be the SMART thing to do...however, the amount does come pretty darn close to being the cost of a pair of louboutins I've been eyeing...

No comments:

Post a Comment