Saturday, May 29, 2010

Driver in the Dark

So that I wouldn't lose a day, I decided to drive up to Jersey after work Thursday. I managed to get in the car and going by 6:30pm. It was going pretty well until 2am hit. I was getting tired at 1am, but then as I was fishing around behind the drivers seat with my right arm trying to get ahold of my lunch bag with all the diet coke in it (what? my eyes never left the road), I knocked the dog's water bowl (that perches on the middle console) off and directly into my lap. So I my right side was soaked with chilly water. That'll wake you up. I'm pretty sure that's when the caffeine stopped working (even though I kept shoveling it in). At 3am I decided I'd better get off at the next rest area and take a power nap. After my 15 minute nap I set out again...willing sunrise to come sooner. The sun rose, but it didn't really help too much. I'd been awake for 24 hours at that point. But then I managed to knock the water bowl AGAIN (missing my body) and that jump-started my heart for a bit. When I finally got to the house at about 9am, I was no longer tired. Well, I guess I was probably tired, but I wasn't sleepy anymore. I don't think I actually took a nap until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon and it was only for an hour. I went to bed about 10 last night and only woke up 12 hours later because the alarm went off. I'm still tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment