Wednesday, June 23, 2010

7 Years and GPOYW





In honor of realizing that I graduated high school 7 years ago, my GPOYW pic is a trio of senior year pics. The first is a picture of my entire senior class (LOL). The second is a picture of Seany and I at prom (oh that was a typical high school drama filled night). The third is a picture of Rienstra, Hustler and I at the Madrigals dinner senior year (yeah yeah laugh all you want).

So yeah, I graduated 7 years ago. It's crazy to think about. I can't stop thinking about it. My life is NOTHING like what I thought it would be when I left Plumstead. I was supposed to be married to Michael Vartan by now with an Emmy on my coffeetable. Yes, I was naive and a tad unrealistic. To this day though, I would drop EVERYTHING to be in a play or movie or tv show.

Then I think about how the 7 years went by so fast and at the same time, high school seems like a lifetime ago. The things I've done, seen, been; the places I've lived; the mistakes I've made; the regrets I have--it's crazy to think about. I've done and seen more in 7 years than many people do and see in a lifetime. Some good, some bad. I've basically been to hell and back since high school. There are a few people I'm still friends with--Rachel, Kristin, Sean--but for the most part, I left that life behind. Anyone but those 3 (and Rudolph too probably) just wouldn't know ME. They would remember what I was and assume I'm the same person. Sean most definitely knows the most about my life of the past 7 years of the three which is weird to me when I think back to the very end of senior year, but I guess you just grow up and get past the past. You have to. You can't be that person who made the magic goal with 2 seconds left, or the person that brought the audience to tears or laughter. We grow up, become adults. We might still do those things, but we make new goals, accomplish bigger and better things. We grow up and realize we don't always get what we always dreamed of--and understand that that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment