Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bridal Diapers?



So there's this rumor going around the internet that I heard about from DailyCandy. The rumor is about wedding shops (online and instore) that sell bridal diapers for those brides that don't want to have to bother trying to figure out how to go to the bathroom in their wedding gowns. I suppose it would be difficult--imagine trying to go to the bathroom in that dress above...but seriously? ew. If you want an enormous ball gown for a wedding dress, just get a second dress for the reception. problem solved. DON'T WEAR A DIAPER!

Just some thoughts that came to mind upon reading the article:

1. Imagine that wedding night...nothing sexier than taking a diaper off your new wife...a dirty diaper. Does the groom tickle her tummy and say "who's a good girl, yes you are, oh that was a big one!"??

2. Everytime you go to a wedding where the bride is wearing a ball gown or even an A-line wedding dress, you will now wonder if she is wearing a diaper under it. Kinda ruins the magic doesn't it?

3. If you're at a wedding with a big-skirted bride, and she giggles at some point during the ceremony, you will now have to wonder if she just made a doody in her diaper.

4. When a baby goes in his/her diaper, you can smell it. Layers upon layers of tulle can only mask the smell for so long.

5. I have problems going when someone else is in the bathroom (like at work) and I'm not the only one, so how is a woman expected to go in front of hundreds of people?

6. What if it happens at a really inopportune time? Like when the bride is supposed to say "I do" but gets distracted and doesn't answer? Does she say, "Oh sorry, I was relieving myself, I do"...If I was the groom I would hope that I hadn't said "I do" yet and would be running out the back door.


Now, if you are elderly and have to wear depends on a daily basis, that's a whole other story. I'm talking about women in their 20s and 30s (because a woman over 35 should not wear a big-skirted wedding dress).

2 comments:

  1. been there wet that...! nobody even knew I was wearing one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not for pooping. Here's a clue 1 in 3 women over 18 experience bladder leakage. Always is introducing a diaper for women this week. I am doing some research, you should do some too.

    ReplyDelete