Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus




The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus is a very intriguing film. It also happens to be the last film that Heath Ledger made before his sad, unexpected death. The film, including his part, wasn't even finished when he died (only 1/3 of the filming was finished). You would think the film would get scrapped, right? Because of the strange premise of the film, they were able to substitute people for parts not completed. Colin Farrell, Jude Law, and Johnny Depp stepped up to finish the role. I personally wish they had switched Colin Farrell and Johnny Depp around because I would've much rather seen more of Johnny than Colin...but know that it just wasn't possible. Turns out Depp was filming Public Enemies at the same time and was only available for 1 day. The film was rather strange, and you have to follow it closely, but I think I liked it. I think I like it more knowing the story behind the making of the film--especially since all three sub actors had their paychecks go directly to Heath Ledgers young daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment