Sunday, August 8, 2010

Training

Ok, so I decided that I could spare enough money a month (out of my "fun money") to get a gym membership. Yes, I have a free gym at the apartment complex and another one at work, but they aren't good enough. They are mostly cardio machines. Which you'd think would be good. But as a part of my membership I get a personal trainer. Today I met with him (very good looking by the way...and former college football player for Washington). Anyway, he made me tell him what I typically eat in a day and then I got yelled at. He high-fived me for my good choices, but I evidently don't eat nearly enough... He also said that I do too much cardio. With my current diet, all the cardio is burning more muscle than fat...which is very bad. However, I can't cut back on the cardio because I'm training for the disney princess half-marathon...so now I have to do a TON of more strength-training to balance out the cardio. Let me tell you, strength training with a trainer is so not fun. I thought I was going to die. Why is it that I can run miles at a time but doing squats and steps and step-kicks for 10 minutes makes my legs nearly give out? I tell ya, if Rob wasn't so nice to look at, I'd punch him in the face.

I also saw Inception (finally). Oh man, so GOOD! It is a crazy movie...I'd say better than the matrix. You have to pay attention, but it's worth it. I typically like happy go-lucky romcoms and comedies, but Inception was just amazing. Go see it if you haven't.

I am now watching Titanic on tv. It came up on Peachtree TV (yes, they ran out of roads to name 'peachtree' so they named a tv station that too) and I thought, "you know, I haven't seen titanic in many years...I should watch it." I remember it being scandalous (to a certain degree) when it came out...and now it seems so tame compared to what is on tv and in similar movies today.

PS. The dog is snoring on the couch. I wonder if those breathe right strips would work on him?

No comments:

Post a Comment