Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ugh...

I know I said "hate" is a strong word and people shouldn't use it or should at least be very careful with how they use it...well, i HATE recruiting. HAAATTTTEEEE IT. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we had a method for searching resumes/posting jobs/whatever it is you do to recruit.

And if you're wondering why I'm doing recruiting...I pulled the short straw. Also because the guy I'm helping out is from New York and it's believed that I'm the only one he won't make cry or quit. He's not mean, he's just from the northeast--NY--where people are abrasive and sound mean even if they really aren't. Being from that area I can handle it and I can tell when I'm reading sarcasm. People from other countries (obviously britain not included) aren't good with the sarcasm. I learned that in Spain. I just hate having to spend hours searching for technicians and coming up completely empty. It makes me feel like a total failure. There's nothing I hate more than feeling like a failure...I have issues with that enough as it is.

In other news, there are, according to my frequent flier e-mail update, "great winter vacation deals with DELTA Vacations from Detroit to many locations..." That's great DELTA, but how about from Atlanta? I'm not driving 10 hours to detroit from atlanta to fly to florida or the caribbean or mexico. Possibly I'd do it for Hawaii.

I'll do a GPOYW in awhile

No comments:

Post a Comment