Thursday, September 30, 2010

Travel Thursday

In case you haven't figured it out, I'm starting trends for the days.
Monday: Must Have Monday
Tuesday: Things that make me happy Tuesday
Wed: GPOYW
Thursday: Travel Thursday
Friday: Fun Stuff Friday
Saturday: Something to Say Saturday
Sunday: I dunno yet.

Today is the first Travel Thursday. It is a well-known fact that I LOVE to travel. The kind of travel where you get to relax, have fun, and have no worries--and maybe see some new things.

For this first Travel Thursday I choose a place I've been to three times, but never outside of Paris. That's right--France. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it happen, but I really want to go to France next year (kind of like an eat, pray, love type of deal where I just go and think and live...but only for a week, maybe 10 days).

These are the places I would like to see:

CANNES (now, if I go for my birthday, this probably won't be an option given the insanity that is the Cannes Film Festival, but I wish I could go):


CHATEAUROUX (the chef of this restaurant, L'Escalier, is a friend that I hung out with when I lived in Spain):


LUSIGNAN (My grandma's grandma was a Lamoreaux (Andre Lamoreaux was a french huegenot who is known as the French Pilot who saved many many people, also when they fled to NY, they were a part of the underground railroad) and they originated in Lusignan):


MERSCHERS (Andre Lamoreaux had to flee Lusignan because of the oppression. He went to Merschers on the Atlantic coast (where he met and married his wife, btw)):


PLAN DE LA TOUR and PROVENCE (beautiful area--lavendar and sunflowers...ok so johnny depp lives in plan de la tour...):



MONACO (if I can't go to Cannes because of the film festival, then I will go to Monaco which isn't France, but it might as well be):


PARIS (of course, because I've never gotten to walk along the River Seine...and the mothership is on Rue de Champs-Elysees (louis vuitton) and a friend from DC lives in Paris now):

No comments:

Post a Comment