Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh my...

In a debate between Coons and O'Donnell (Candidates for Senate from Delaware) on being asked if she supported repealing the 14th and 16th Amendments (2 big platforms for the Tea Party of which she is a part), O'Donnell said:

"I'm sorry, I didn't bring my Constitution with me. Fortunately, senators don't have to memorize the Constitution. Can you remind me of [them]?"


... ^^cricket sounds^^ ...


ummmm, while I'm sure that there are many Senators/Representatives who don't have the Constitution memorized, they most likely know the basic points of the amendments--there aren't that many. And even if they don't know, they're smart enough to know that while it isn't a written requirement of the Constitution (although how would O'donnell know this given her statement), the people running the country SHOULD know what their own Constitution says as it is what is supposed to govern their actions. And they most definitely would not alude to the fact that they don't even know basic gist of what each amendment says. Perhaps Ms. O'Donnell does know somewhere in her mind and it's just a bit foggy from too much 'eye of neut'... just sayin.

Look, I don't care what someone is labeled as-- Democrat, Republican, Independent, The Rent is too damn High party (it's in NYC)--all I care about is that the person I vote for has the most similarities to what I believe...the lesser of the evils. And if the person I don't vote for is elected, I at least would like him/her to KNOW WHAT THE BLOODY CONSTITUTION SAYS...or at least be smart enough to pretend like you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment