Sunday, October 3, 2010

Random Thoughts

1. Just got a NY Times e-mail alerting to people wanting to travel to Europe--there's a terrorist alert. Hmmm...I think I'll put off my plans for France for awhile. After all, I don't just want to rush through all the things I want to do in just a week. I really would like to take a month to travel through France and Greece too--which will take a lot of money that will take awhile to save.

2. I am considering CONUS locations for my birthday. Had I not moved to Georgia, I was going to have a huge Great Gatsby-themed party for my 25th birthday this past year. It was going to be amazing. But then I moved a month before my birthday. I think I will now save the Gatsby theme for an engagement party--you know once I meet a man, fall in love, and get engaged...but those are just some minor details haha. Anyway, I'm considering Napa/San Francisco for a girls weekend, weekend of shopping in NYC (even though I have to be there less than a month before my birthday for my brother's wedding), a weekend of shopping and history nerd adventures in Boston, or Los Angeles with a birthday dinner at Katsuya and shopping in BH, there is also a possibility of Chicago (for shopping obvi). I'm putting money aside each month just for my 26th birthday of debauchery. lol jk about the debauchery part...

3. There's a Little Caesars next door to the gym. Not a fan of the pizza, but the crazy bread is my weakness. I've managed to resist so far.

4. I've drank a pot of Coffee Bean Black Forest coffee today. and it's only 10:45am. And I woke up at 8:45am. Hi, my name is Jacquie and I'm a coffeeholic.

5. I need to go get something at the office, but if I do i'm going to end up at Madeleine's eating a chocolate croissant.

6. I no longer have any idea how many shoes I have. But I did throw a pair out yesterday.

7. I feel like I have nothing to wear when in reality I do, the clothes just have to be ironed.

8. I finished reading "The French Pilot" last night. It's a book based on how my mother's mother's side of the family originally came to North America from France. Most of the children stayed in the Albany, NY area except for 2 sons that were loyal to the British crown and fled to Canada. I come from one of those sons. So interestingly, while I am the great-great-great-great-great granddaughter of John Adams, one of the greatest proponents of the war for independence...I am also the great-great-great-great-great granddaughter of a Loyalist. In my nerdy history-loving mind, I think that's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment