Thursday, October 7, 2010

Travel Thursday: Living Vicariously Through an Old Friend.

One of my oldest friends (even as far back as church nursery) is currently backpacking around the world with his girlfriend. They are coming up on their 100th day. They started in London and then have been in Holland, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Turkey, Austria, Italy, Greece, Egypt, and are now in Thailand. Luckily for me, he's posting pictures of the different places (and he's a really good photographer too). I am going to share some pictures with you (of the places I have not been to myself).

First, here is Mike and Christina in Greece:


Cool shot of Santorini, Greece:


My most favorite picture--Sailing on a greek boat:


Great shot in Prague:


Inside the Vatican City:


Vienna, Austria:


Mike and Christina on a camel in Egypt:


Sphinx:


Red Sea:


Thailand:



I am so insanely jealous of them and would love to do this. And what Mike says to that is "so do it." Oh I wish it were that easy...to just take off with no end-date known and travel and see and explore the world--the whole world. I think I'm going to have to live vicariously through Mike on this one and just visit the different places one at a time every couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment