Friday, November 5, 2010

Weird

My church's Christmas album is out (one of the best worship teams in the country...probably world) and so I just clicked to look and see what songs--I am one of those "No Christmas music before Thanksgiving" people, so I won't actually buy any songs yet, but I did just listen to 30 seconds of a couple songs. I've determined that for some reason, I cannot listen to 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas' without at least tearing up. Christmas is still kind of hard for me, and hasn't been so merry the past few years so maybe that's why. Christmas isn't crap by any means, it's just not like it used to be. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Christmas will get better when I've got a ring on my finger. I don't find happiness in a man, but it doesn't hurt to have one during the holidays ;) Oh, by the way, the album is on itunes - North Point Christmas.

I also checked out the missions trips for 2011. There's one for Seville, Spain to teach English to locals in a church. I'm guessing that's a catholic church because I spent a LOT of time walking around that city and never once saw a non-catholic church. But that's ok. Anyway, I immediately chuckled going, that's the perfect trip for me. I know how to get around Seville (which is extremely difficult) and that is where I got my certificate to teach English (by actually teaching). Except I lived a very different life when I was in Seville than I live now and it is slightly intimidating and scary to think about going back there. But maybe that's why God had me discover the trip. Perhaps I'm supposed to go back--and do things differently this time--even if it's just for a week or 10 days. I have very very few regrets in life, but the way I lived in Spain is the biggest. It'd be nice to get another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment