Monday, December 13, 2010

Doppelgangers

They say everyone has a doppelganger. In case you don't know, a doppelganger (in modern times) is someone who looks exactly like you--even though you aren't related. It's a very strange phenomenon. Facebook recently had a doppelganger fad where everyone put pictures of their celebrity look-a-like as their profile pic (mine was Katherine Heigl, I wish I could have a different one though). Also, I recently saw an episode of How I Met Your Mother that was about doppelgangers. Although despite wondering what it would be like to come across your own exact look-a-like/doppelganger, it's supposedly an omen of death to see your doppelganger face to face.

Anyway, yesterday I went to church and I'm walking through the atrium and a girl and her father come walking out of the bookstore. The girl looked EXACTLY like my stepsister. Her hair, face, body structure, everything was identical. It was seriously the weirdest thing ever. And no it wasn't her because she's a good 18 hours away in Boston. I did a triple-quadruple take though because it was just so crazy.

Despite the omen of death, I want to see my real doppelganger. It would be beyond creepy is an uber awesome kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment