Monday, January 3, 2011

Decisions...

So for a couple months I've been thinking about downsizing and/or getting a cheaper apartment so that I have more money to work with and save. But I kind of decided that I didn't want to move all my stuff so I'd just stay put. Then last night I got home from vacation to find out that if I renew my lease at the end of March, my rent will go up.

So now I am back to deciding whether or not to move to a different apartment. The big thing is that moving is a giant pain in the bum. I have a LOT of stuff--big stuff that requires a moving truck. Which would not be a big deal if I didn't have to pay for that moving truck (and men to go with it). While monthly rent would be cheaper, the upfront costs are enough to make me stay put...paying the pet fee and deposits all over again is annoying. I'll be going to look at some apartments on Saturday as I only have 9 days to decide whether I am going to renew my lease or not. I also need to calculate the costs of moving...the one apartment I'm looking at is only about 1.5 miles away so you'd think I could just move all my crap myself. And I could if I didn't have a penchant for oversized furniture that weighs an insane amount of poundage.

I'll probably end up moving. I am also going to have to start going through my stuff like I said I was going to do a couple months ago...Gonna throw a lot of stuff out.

No comments:

Post a Comment