Wednesday, January 26, 2011

OMG

I can't even describe how nervous/anxious I am right now...

The Hammers (West Ham United english footy team) are playing in their last semi-final (they won the first semi-final game 2-1) and are currently winning 1-0. I have to read the updates though because none of my livestream feeds are working out...BBC live isn't working and rojadirecta isn't helping at all (I usually watch matches in spanish).

I have absolutely no idea what is going on in American sports right now other than the Super Bowl is coming up. When I lived in Spain I fell in love with soccer and rugby...I follow the English Premier League (I would follow MLS but there are no teams near me) and my team is West Ham. It's insanely MAJOR that the Hammers have made it to the semi-finals because well, we kinda suck. I don't know how a team can be last in the league, but for the carling cup we make it to the end... it's the way of West Ham.

So I'm freaking out. I suppose to equate it to some of you, this is like the Giants making it to the World Series (and winning) or the Yankees making it...or the Lakers (although I don't understand how there can be that much excitement for yankees or lakers fans since they ALWAYS win, but whatever).

So yeah, me = excited. and nervous. This is West Ham after all...

But if we make it to the finals, we'll be playing Arsenal. Arsenal happens to be the team that basically all of my soccer-loving friends are fans of. Major fans. Like, if west ham were to beat arsenal in the final, my seating assignment at Sean's wedding could be pretty ugly. BUT I'm going to milk it for all its worth :o) If, Lord-willing, it is west ham vs. arsenal in the carling cup final.

No comments:

Post a Comment