Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Storm 2011

So today was evidently a blizzard. I say 'evidently' because that's what it was being billed as on the news--but it was definitely not a blizzard. Total accumulation was 3 inches for greater Atlanta. I got a snowday/work from home day. I remember last year when it snowed 15 inches and I still had to be at work by 10am. But that was New Jersey and this is Georgia. Granted, there was ice underneath those 3 inches, but that's not a big deal...well not to me anyway. The problem is that for over 100,000 miles of road there are only 600 "plows" in the state of Georgia. Add to that the fact that men have to shovel sand/salt from the back of a truck rather than having an actual salt truck and the fact that these men seem to throw the sand mixture on the side of the road rather than on the actual road all makes for crappy roads and even crappier drivers. In normal weather Atlantans (and many Southerners) don't seem to know how to drive, so add ice and snow to that and it's hell. Anyway, it was nice to be able to work from home. The dog especially appreciated it.

In other news, as I was standing in front of the yogurt section at the grocery store on Saturday trying to pick out what flavors I wanted, I noticed something written on the Yoplait Whips. It said, "Try it Frozen." I thought, huh, that'd probly be good...kinda like frozen yogurt. So I bought a couple and froze them and tonight I had a strawberry one and it really was like strawberry frozen yogurt...with a different texture. But still good and it seems that after only half of the container, I'd had my fill. So I had a lovely, filling, satisfying dessert for only 70 calories.
You should definitely try it sometime. I can't wait to try the chocolate mousse one:

No comments:

Post a Comment