Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Now that the obligatory salutation is out of the way...

Valentine's Day is probably my least favorite day of the year. And for the record, it has nothing to do with having or not having a 'Valentine'. Even when I had a 'Valentine' it still stunk. Nothing says Valentine's Day like a crappy cake from Stater Bros...woohoo.

But mainly I don't like it because it's just another commercialized holiday. If you love someone, you shouldn't need to have a day designated to remind you to actually show that person how much you love them--you should be doing it EVERYDAY.

When I'm married, Valentine's Day is not going to be celebrated in my house (other than doing the necessary stuff for the kids).

Oh, and please make sure that my future fiance knows the worst possible day he could propose to me is Valentine's Day. If I was proposed to on Valentine's Day, I may just ask him to try again the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment