Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Music Review: Adele "21"



This is Adele's sophomore album. Her first album was "19"--the titles correspond to her age when she recorded them. It finally dropped in the US (she's a British artist) this week.

You may recall a post I did a little while back in which I posted a video of Adele singing "Someone Like You" from her new album. It's a beautiful song. Relisten here.

In "21" Adele "sings of loss and vulnerability in an assertive voice that burns with fury as she gains momentum." (itunes description)

My favorites are 'I'll Be Waiting', 'Someone Like You', 'One and Only', and 'Rolling in the Deep'. But they're all great.

This album is perfect for many things. Turn it on (this is the perfect album to buy on vinyl and play on the record player) and just kick back and relax--be it in the bathtub, on the couch, or on the floor. It's also a great album to listen to on a road trip in the warmer weather with the windows rolled down. An old classic convertible would be preferable, but I'll have to make do with the Blue Pearl which is a Ford Fusion. It's also good to put on the ipod/iphone and listen to it while taking a long wandering walk through the woods or along the riverbank.

You can either order the vinyl, or go buy the entire album on itunes for $9.99. Worth every penny.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Adele - so awesome. I have not purchased this CD...but I need to asap :)

    ReplyDelete