Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oh MY Oh MY...

2 1/2 days of work before I hop in The Blue Pearl and head down to Disney World for the weekend. (It's only a 6 1/2 hour drive)

The Blue Pearl is my car.

I love Johnny Depp, and by association, Pirates.

But because my car is navy blue, I could not name it the Black Pearl.

So I named it the Blue Pearl.

Anyway, it's off to Disney I go.

To run 13.1 miles through the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

Dressed as a Princess.

Wearing a crown.


By the way, there was a slight mishap in my sewing of the pink and gold running skirt.

I cheated and just covered one of my normal running skirts with pink and gold fabric.

Unfortunately I'm not one for prep work.

And thus, did not use any pins, patterns, or thought.

I cut the fabric in the shape of the running skirt as it laid flat on the table.

And then sewed it together and sewed it onto the running skirt.

Not taking into account two very important things:
1. 35% Spandex in the running skirt fabric, and,
2. The elastic band.

I sewed the pink fabric to the elastic band...which made it immovable. I got them on, but the problem lay in the spandex portion of the skirt part. The pink fabric was decidedly not the least bit spandexy. And I could not move my legs enough to do more than granny-walk.

Luckily, I'd bought twice as much fabric as I needed (like I said, I hate prep and make up for the mistakes I know I'll make because I don't do prep work by buying twice as much fabric).

And I fixed the skirt. It works wonderfully. Albeit a tad bit too long, but whatever, it's a Princess (Sleeping Beauty) running costume that I'll only wear for 2 hours (of running).

But I think I'm more excited to see my mom than I am to run.

And not just because seeing my mom doesn't involve any pain.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! You switched up your page! Crazy! Fun! :) You better post lots of pictures of this outfit, and this event. Your descriptions are out of control! Haha!

    ReplyDelete