Tuesday, March 1, 2011

2011 Oscars

I've watched the Oscars every year for as long as I can remember. Think back to the Billy Crystal days (you'll want to after Sunday night's awfulness).

I'm not a fan of James Franco. He's a bit too off-beat for my liking. But I like Anne Hathaway. She's usually fun and funny. Not so much last night. But that could be the writers' faults.

Hugh Jackman was the best host ever in my opinion.

That may have something to do with my inability to not swoon at an Australian accent.

And his muscles. And ability to sing and dance and be funny.

He's like the perfect man.

Anyway, for me the biggest highlight of the night was Russell Brand. He makes everything better. He should host next year. He's just so cute and funny. I'm aware that this is a controversial opinion. When my friend Heather figured out who I was talking about a couple months ago, I got this, "Ewwwwwww!!!" I don't know what it is. I think there's something sexy about him. Probably the reformed bad boy thing coupled with the humor...and the accent. And his love for my favorite footie team (West Ham).

Mr. Darcy was also lovely. Can't not love him. Oh, I'm sorry, I mean Colin Firth.

Did your mind just go to the 'coming out of the lake drenched' scene?

Mine did.

Mm'mm Good.

Sorry.


And I'll post about the marathon later today. Preview: Jack Sparrow growled sweet-nothings in my ear. I died.

No comments:

Post a Comment