Monday, March 7, 2011

Book Review: Reshaping It All

I actually finished reading this awhile back. It's the first book I read with the Kindle (app--on my iphone). It's actually a memoir/inspirational book.

I'm sure you all remember DJ Tanner on Full House. Well, she's written a book--but the basis of the book is actually about getting healthy. She touches briefly on her childhood, but moreso on her family now.

It's about getting away from being consumed by thoughts of food, and getting away from diets.

Candace Cameron Bure spoke at my aunt's church a little while back and since I couldn't be there, my aunt gave me an autographed copy of Candace's testimony. Her testimony meant a lot to me and when I found out she was writing a book, I couldn't wait. The book is great and I re-read parts of it for encouragement every now and again. It's truly about being good to your body...no "you can't eat that" or "stay away from carbs" or "count your calories"--it's just healthy living. A lot of what she says is basic common sense but I didn't start to actually 'get it' until reading this book. I very highly recommend this book to anyone struggling with weight or food issues, man or woman, child or adult.

Rather than a synopsis, here's a video of Candace talking about what her book, Reshaping It All, is about:

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Thanks for the recommendation! I've always loved her... she actually lives in Florida in the same neighborhood as a family friend and I know that authenticity is not a show... I am definitely going to have to find the book =)

    ReplyDelete