Saturday, March 5, 2011

The King's Speech

I went to see The King's Speech today.

BEST movie I've seen in YEARS.

And I'd say definite top 5 of all-time.

Colin Firth was amazing. Obviously since he won the Oscar last Sunday. It was well-deserved.

Geoffrey Rush was just as amazing and I firmly believe he was robbed at the Oscars.

I also noticed all the ties to the 1995 Pride and Prejudice miniseries-- The actors that played Mr. Darcy, Elizabeth Bennett, and Mr. Collins were all in Kings Speech. Though, Jennifer Ehle looks SO different. And fun trivia: Helena Bonham Carter (Queen Elizabeth) is the real life cousin of the guy that played Mr. Bingley.

It was dramatic and funny. I wasn't expecting it to be so funny. It was a perfect movie.

Now I just need to see Rango. And then Arthur and Pirates 4 when they come out. :)

1 comment:

  1. SOOO good. And the Pride & Prejudice tie-ins are the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete