Wednesday, March 23, 2011

RIP Elizabeth Taylor



I'm sure all are aware by now, but Elizabeth Taylor has passed away.

She was one of the greatest actresses of all time.

Her talent and work was an inspiration to me.

You can't watch Cat on a Hot Tin Roof or Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf and not think she's amazing.

The Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast may have jump-started the acting bug in me, but it was a few years later that I saw Elizabeth Taylor onscreen and it was then that the passion for acting grew. Her work made me want to work harder and be better.

Wanting to be an actress was never, and will never (as the dream will never fade), be about the fame or money to me. It's about the work. Getting to transform into a character, bringing words on a page to life, touching the lives of people--it's about passion. The love of the art. To me Elizabeth Taylor embodied that. And when she had the fame, she used it to make a difference in the world. She brought the world's attention to AIDS and founded amFAR and The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation. These foundations have in turn changed and helped the lives of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people.

She was and always will be an inspiration to many. Let's just hope that people finally get past the number of husbands she had or the personal problems, and just focus on her work as an actress and as a humanitarian.

And if you've never seen one of her films, I suggest you head over to Netflix and get to watching. And donate to her foundations.

No comments:

Post a Comment