Monday, March 7, 2011

Sunday at the trail

Yesterday I started the canine edition of The Biggest Loser.

There is one contestant.

His name is Quincy.

He's a fatty. And hates to exercise. And loves to eat.

The vet said no more.

Took Quincy for a 1.2 mile walk yesterday at the trails. I think he really enjoyed it. He might be petrified of strangers, but he loves other dogs. And there were a few on the trail.

The first one I saw was in the nasty pond water. I couldn't believe the owner was actually throwing the ball in there for the dog. The dog was loving it. Luckily there were no alligators. (They have found alligators in that area)

It was like this:


The dog was so happy. Quincy kept pulling back to watch and I just told him, "no way jose" and pulled him along.

The next thing I see is strange.

The strangest thing I've ever witnessed in my life.

A bike whizzed by on the other side of the pond-like thing. But not just any bike.

Dude was wearing a small airplane apparatus strapped to himself.

It was kinda like this:



Only home-made looking and used with a regular bicycle.

I'm devastated I couldn't get my phone out fast enough to take a picture.

At about the half mile mark, I got yanked back a bit and when I looked back and down, there was Quincy plopped down on the pathway, panting and just lookin around without a care in the world.

I put on my best jillian michaels impression and told him in no uncertain terms to get his fat patootie up and keep walking.

He did.

When we got home, he hightailed it to his water bowl, then the couch where he slept for the remainder of the day. And night.

2 comments:

  1. tell quincy he can't "phone it in anymore, buddy" you will make jillian proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried the phone it in comment on him before...he just stares at me with a cross between a blank look and a 'go away' look.

    ReplyDelete