Monday, April 11, 2011

3 Sheets to the Wind

That's how I felt when I pulled up to my apartment last night.

But I wasn't drunk.

At all.

I was just incredibly over-exhausted.

But I felt like I was fall-down drunk.

No joke.

My weekend was exhausting. But fun.

Saturday morning I left NYC and headed to Jersey.

I was meeting Julianne for coffee, but was early so I took Quincy for a walk at a park.

Had coffee. The barista looked exactly like a younger version of Russell Brand so I was thrilled.

Then we went over to another friend's house (her boyfriend's family).

Then I headed to Raven's. Where she gave me a manicure and tried to cut my finger off. It bled. A lot. It still hurts.

We had dinner and drinks when Jaime came home.

Try this: drop a shot of Malibu rum into a glass of lite beer. It's AMAZING.

Then Raven and I went over to Simon & Sara's apartment to see baby Tristan. Who is an absolute cutie-patootie.

Seriously.

He's so little and cute and good.

I didn't hold him though. Raven was a hog. And I didn't want him to cry. Babies tend to start crying when I hold them. It may have nothing to do with me, it's just like a hot-potato effect except instead of music stopping, the crying starts.

I didn't get to sleep till about midnight. Then I got up at 3:30am and left at 4am.

I went down via the peninsula and therefore got to cross over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel. It's both. Bridge, then tunnel, then bridge, then tunnel, then bridge. And it's 17.6 miles long. I remember having to cross it for the senior class trip in high school and one friend freaking out because she was petrified of bridges. And this one was 17 miles long. You can read the history here: Channel bridge/tunnel

Drove down to Virginia Beach to check out Regent University real quick and met up with Sean. I texted I was nearly there and he replied "i can put on some coffee" with other words around it. I replied "You had me at coffee"-- We've known each other for about 18 years now. Dude knows I love me some coffee. First we walked around the campus though. It's a beautiful campus. It reminds me of Williamsburg, but everything is new. So here are some pros and cons of Regent: Pros--it's beautiful, close to the beach, great contacts, it's southern but still northern enough to be okay, and, most importantly (hehe), Sean says there are quite a number of nice, strapping young men (it's a good thing he's getting married in a couple months or I'd start to wonder...), and also important, in addition to wawa, there is a coffeeshop a couple miles down the road that utilizes the pour-over method (thus serving amazing coffee).

The cons are somewhat obvious--it's a Pat Robertson school. It kinda creeps me out that his house/mansion is like smack dab in the middle of campus. And he has some serious personal security. And a painting of him hangs in the law building. The giant satellites for CBN also kinda creep me out.


The law school (left) and library (right) and fountain at Regent.


Creepy satellites to the left and then that building front and center houses the incredible theater...and a really bad wall mural/wallpaper with birds all over it.

But I may get over the creepy aspects in favor of 'strapping young men', wawa, and good coffee...and a chance to act (you know, when law school isn't weighing me down).

I then got in the car and drove another 10 hours. (I cut off an hour and a half total on the day's drive).

No comments:

Post a Comment