Saturday, April 16, 2011

RIP Casey

This morning I got news that I hoped I'd never get.

My friend Casey, from my Gateway family in NJ, passed away last night.

Casey was--and still is--a ginormous inspiration.

He's battled the tumors for years, but for as long as I've known him, he's had faith in God to deliver him.

His tumor came back. So he asked for prayer. He had surgery and all seemed fine.

Then it came back again. So he asked for prayer. He had surgery again. But they couldn't get it all. He asked for prayer.

The tumor(s) grew and were inoperable. Still he had faith and asked for prayer.

His ability to do the simplest things deteriorated. And still he prayed.

The more bad news he got, the harder he prayed and the greater his faith grew.

A friend told me she wasn't worried about him because when you go in his room to visit--there's no feeling of death. All you feel is life. That was just one week ago. It turned out to be a different feeling of life than we expected but life nonetheless, and Casey held onto that life till the very end.

We diligently prayed for deliverance and healing for Casey.

Now God has delivered and healed him for eternity.

I remember Casey saying that he most wanted to be healed so that he could join in with everyone jumping and dancing and singing in worship to God. His greatest desire was to praise God. And now he is up there in heaven doing just that. And he is shining bright in joyous wonder. I will hold onto that picture for the rest of my life.

I will miss you Casey. I hope you know how much you were loved. See ya on the other side friend.

RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment