Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

The day I've been waiting for came!

A real-life fairytale wedding.


I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her dress. It's very regal, elegant, and still simple.
I did not like Princess Diana's dress--it was just way too over-the-top.


I also am a HUGE fan of wearing the veil over the face. I will on my wedding day--I am debating whether or not to wear it until the kiss or lift it at the "altar".


You can't see it, but the ring is just a very small ring of welsh gold. I'm crossing my fingers that this and the simplicity in general will trigger a more modest take on weddings...You don't need a big, glitzy dress, or a giant diamond ring. You can still be glamorous and beautiful while still being simple and tasteful.


Oh, the hats. I LOVE the british tradition of wearing hats and fascinators. However, Fergie's daughters are always way ridiculous.



Just a shot of Chelsy Davy to say that if she's going to continue/restart dating Prince Harry, she has got to learn how to walk like a lady. She was walking like a farmer and that is a huge pet peeve of mine. She had to have had etiquette lessons growing up...I did and I'm not a filthy rich socialite. That book would've fallen off her head every step she took.

Speaking of Harry, here's the hottie in uniform with the groom:


And...

Awwwww

Fairytales DO come true!

:)

And yes, I am a hopeless romantic.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't watch...but all I have to say about Ms. Davy is that she MUST lay off the self tanner on her legs. Not only are they a completely different color than the rest of her body, but it looks absurd that her feet are white!

    ReplyDelete