Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tinkerbell Half Marathon

At the end of January 2012, I believe the 29th, I will be running the brand-new Tinkerbell Half-Marathon at Disneyland.

I will never run a race at Disney World again (trust me, the roads are really horrible to run on), but Disneyland is flat.

Really flat.

Not that there are hills at either park, but the roads aren't slanted in Anaheim. All mucho flat. Which means no pain.

It's a women's race.

Which has made a lot of men on RunDisney mucho cranky whiners.

But it makes me happy.

Princess and Fairy Costumes are encouraged.

But I think my costume is retired.

I'm just gonna go for normal running gear.

Most importantly, running tights.

Running tights are just tight pants, not actually tights.

Ok, so maybe I'll put a sequin skirt over top of the pants.

Ok, so maybe I'm considering a Minnie Mouse look...with a red sequined, white polka-dot skirt...my old minnie mouse headcovering from when I was 2 totally still fits me. Unfortunately, the actual dress part of the costume does not. I'm not even a women's size 2, a Child's 2T is out of the question. But I'm not really going to wear the headcover thing (it literally covers my entire head heck-up except for my face)...way too much wind resistance.

Actually, I'll probably just do a single color sequined skirt...you pick the color:

Pink, Red, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold, or other suggestions welcome.

I wonder how many friends I can convince to run with me since many of them live within 30 minutes of Disneyland...

No comments:

Post a Comment