Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weight Loss

Not mine.

Sadly.

Well, it could be, I don't actually own a scale.

Quincy's lost 10 pounds since March 1.

I dropped him off at the vet this morning for his shots.

And they did a weigh-in.

I asked if they could make the biggest loser weigh-in sounds.

They did not oblige.

But he weighed in at 34 pounds.

And I breathed a sigh of relief.

Even though they consider that gaining a pound because they don't know that I had to take Quincy to a different vet for his rabies shot...so they have no idea that Quincy was actually 44 pounds. (18 pounds over-weight...whoopsie)

I wanted Quincy to at least lose enough to be at the weight he was at 6 months ago so I could avoid the really mean judgy lecture.

And he is. Except for 1 pound.

But 10 pounds in less than 2 months is great.

If only someone would measure my food and walk me twice a day...

But, we've got 7-8 more pounds to go.

Which reminds me, last Friday I took Quincy to the trail to walk where he wouldn't have to go up big hills (he really hates hills) and at one point I thought, "hey, I feel like jogging."

Yeah. I started to jog and Quincy's looking at me like "what in the bloody heck are you doing?! I don't jog!" And then he laid down to get me to stop and continued to look at me like I was crazy.

But he's finally starting to realize that if he puts up a fight on the walking, he gets less food.

And he can't have that.

So he walks. Yesterday he even walked in front of me for 5 seconds instead of 3-4 feet behind me. It's nice not having to walk with your arm stretched behind you.

But fatty's gonna lose the weight. The next time he goes to the vet it'll probably be the new vet. No more Banfield--as convenient as it is.

Poor Quincy hates going to petsmart at all because on one side is the kennel and the other is the vet. He doesn't care that there are treats in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. ok that is funny. asking them to make the biggest loser sounds.
    i totally would have done that for you.


    you go get it quincy! :) well done big...errr....lil guy!

    ReplyDelete